Many companies say they are among the best Michigan auto insurance companies, but there are only a few that actually are. Even when you are looking at getting a policy from a big name company, it helps to do a little research and find out as much as you can about the company you are planning to do business with.
When it comes to auto insurance rates, Michigan has the most expensive premiums in the United States. That’s why you should do your homework to get the best rate possible. By comparing multiple quotes and policies, you will find the most affordable premium and save hundreds of dollars each year. The cost of Troy auto insurance can vary depending on several factors. Your driving record, your age and even the kind of car you drive will all be considered in your Troy car insurance premium.
Cost of Car Insurance in Michigan
- National Average Cost Per Year: $1,311
- Michigan Average Cost Per Year: $2,476
- #1 Most Expensive Auto Premium in the U.S.
This review of the best Michigan auto insurance companies should help you make an informed choice.
Top Car Insurers in Troy, MI
- Allstate Insurance is one of the leading auto insurers in the nation. This company is rated an A+ in financial stability according to A.M. Best, one of the top independent insurance rating companies. This indicates that the company is financially stable and can meet its present and future financial obligations.
- AF Mutual Auto is rated an A++ by A.M. Best, indicating that it is extremely financially stable.
- Liberty Mutual Fire Insurance received an A rating from A.M. Best. This is still a perfect indicator of financial stability.
- Farm Bureau received an A- as a financial strength rating, which is nonetheless a very good indicator of financial strength also.
- Auto Club Group
- Auto-Owners Insurance Co
These are some of the top auto insurance companies among drivers in Troy, Michigan. You’ll probably have heard of most of them, but don’t forget that popular doesn’t always mean best. It sometimes just means a big advertising budget.
If you ask your friends and family for car insurance recommendations, they’ll probably mention some of these names. It’s definitely worth contacting them for a quote, but remember that the best rates are often hidden, so cast your net as widely as you can.
Choosing the Best Car Insurance in Michigan
When choosing an auto insurance provider, take price into account, but also looks at key factors such as reputation, customer service, and claims process.
Now that you have the inside scoop on some of the best Michigan auto insurance companies, you are ready to start shopping around for prices. With premiums in the state being so high, you may just want to find the cheapest provider, but it’s worth it in the long run to find an insurer that can give you the best package and that understands the needs of Michigan drivers.
The easiest and most efficient way to get the quotes you need is to use a free online car insurance quote tool. Fill in your information once in the online form, and you will be provided with a variety of top MI car insurance company quotes.